Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Music Monday Wednesday: The Spark of Creation

OK, so, since the husband gave me a kick-a super-long weekend at the Red Rocker Inn (a wonderful B&B in nearby Black Mountain) and because I was so busy a) getting together the winners of the last contest and b) getting together prizes for the NEXT contest, I missed Music Monday.

Which is fortunate, because I only found out about this song TODAY. From CP and awesome person Rebecca, who blogs at Mormon Mommy Writers. I think Rebecca sums it up best:
Stephen Schwartz, who wrote the musical Wicked, is one of my favorite composers and lyricists. This song "The Spark of Creation" from his musical Children of Eden captures exactly how I feel about WRITING!
So, without further ado, here's an awesome (and awesomely sung) song that pretty much sums up what it means to be any sort of artist:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to look this musical up right now. Thank you for sharing. I'd never heard of it. Beautiful song!

Angela said...

Beautiful!

lisa and laura said...

Oh, I heart Wicked, but I haven't heard any of his other stuff. Thanks for sharing this song!

Stacy Nyikos said...

I wish the tingling in my stomach would transfer to my fingers and I'd get this WIP moving along faster! Great song!