Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Digital Writing Workshop & Handouts

The other day, I had the very great pleasure of giving a workshop at Malaprops about writing to celebrate the release of all three Paper Hearts books. The turn out was amazing--especially considering the roads were closed for a Mardi Gras parade and the Superbowl was on!

A photo posted by Beth Revis (@bethrevis) on

I've been working on the workshop for several weeks now (shout out to my friend, Laura, who let me test it on her students first!). And I think I finally have it the way I want it to be.

The workshop is about how to take a base idea and turn it into a novel. It covers inspiration, publishing paths, writing craft, and concludes with a timeline of my latest book, A World Without You, and how long it took to go from initial idea to published book on the shelves.

The workshop is interactive and comes with a handout and two places to stop and try out activities before continuing. With a question and answer session at the end, the entire program is between an hour and an hour and a half long.

While I love speaking to people in person and really getting hands on with people who want to learn--I'm still a teacher in my heart!--I also want to make sure that this information is available to everyone, and to give people who attend the workshops a chance to go back over what they learned. To that end, I'm putting the entire presentation, as well as all the handouts, online. Just click here for them all.  This link also shows you some of the other downloadables and resources I have accompanying the Paper Hearts series.

If you find these helpful, please feel free to share them with other writerly sorts!

Don't Forget:

No comments: